Saturday, January 19, 2013

Books of the Old Testament


Hi Everyone!

My daughter has been working on memorizing the books of the Bible in order this week.  This all started with a phone call from grandma.  My Mom asked her if she knew the books of the Bible, and she truthfully answered "Not all of them."  I wasn't home at the time this phone call took place, but when I heard about it later and was talking with my Mom, I couldn't resist teasing her just a bit and asking her "Well, why didn't you teach them to her while talking with her on the phone?"  

Anyway, so she had a bit of incentive, since she had been asked if she could do this.  Never one to back down from a challenge (she IS a native Texan, afterall!), we have been dutifully working on this project so she could tell Grandma "YES--I know them all!"

We haven't started working on the New Testament books yet--one step at a time.  But this morning I decided to video her saying/singing them, so Grandma can see her do it.  She did make one little mistake where she started to skip a book, but she caught herself and went back and corrected it.  I think that's an A+ job for any kid!

Hope you enjoy!  Later I will share some of the resources we used to help her learn, so that if you are interested in helping the children in your life learn the Bible (or you yourself!), you can! :)

Have a wonderful day with Jesus!

~Susan


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors