Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Strawberry Shake


Hi Everyone!

Thought I would share with you a very yummy recipe we tried recently for breakfast.  It was delicious--and what surprised me was how it really did keep me full until lunch time.  I didn't expect it to, since it is almost all fruit, but it did.  Of course, I do not have to eat my breakfast super early in the morning, so if you do you might want to try adding in something extra such as some whole wheat toast.  Either way, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.  My daughter loves it so much she has since asked me for it as a dessert at lunch time, and tonight she wanted it for supper!  Guess that means it is good any time!

~Susan

Strawberry Shake
serves 4

4 bananas (frozen--if they are small bananas, change it to 8 bananas)
8 c. strawberries (frozen)
4 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. quick oats

Add 1 frozen banana (or two small ones), 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk and 2 Tbsp. oats to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  Add more strawberries if desired or eat them on the side.  You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract.  Repeat 3 more times for 4 total smoothies.  Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Wendy Kaye said...

Sounds yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

My husband likes putting oats into his smoothies... says it holds him over a little bit longer. :)

Unknown said...

I just started putting oats in my smoothies - makes a nice filling breakfast on a hot summer morning. I'm going to add this shake to my smoothie 'menu'!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors