Friday, August 16, 2013
From My Journal
Hi Everyone!
This has been a difficult week for my family. This past Wednesday evening, my father-in-law passed away from causes due to the ALS that he has struggled with for years. He beat the odds--he has been living with an "official" diagnosis of ALS for around eleven years. He chose the most positive attitude I have ever seen--he did not let his negative medical diagnosis define who he was or how he lived his life. My mother-in-law told me once that when they left that doctor's appointment where he was first told the words "ALS," they talked about it and both decided they were not going to live their lives any different because of it. And they didn't. Things changed, of course. He went from using a cane to a wheel chair and recently to not even being able to operate his electric wheel chair. The largest blow for him was losing my mother-in-law very unexpectedly last September. And now my husband has lost both parents in the matter of ten months.
I was looking through my journal this morning, and this entry stood out to me. I know it is true--and I am hanging on to it.
"From the stars that in their trackless courses through space follow from age to age their appointed path, down to the minutest atom, the things of nature obey the Creator's will. And God cares for everything and sustains everything that He has created. He who upholds the unnumbered worlds throughout immensity, at the same time cares for the wants of the little brown sparrow that sings its humble song without fear. . . No tears are shed that God does not notice. There is no smile that He does not mark." Steps to Christ, E.G.White, p. 86
God knows. And He cares.
Good-by Dad. I will see you on resurrection morning--you won't need your wheel chair then.
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment