Tuesday, October 15, 2013
It's Coming! Happy Herbivore Light & Lean Blog Tour!
Hi Everyone!
I have some VERY exciting news to share with all of you! If any of you hang around me in "real life," and the topic of conversation turns to food and recipes you will soon realize that I am a huge fan of Lindsay Nixon--a.k.a. "The Happy Herbivore."
I first "discovered" Lindsay almost exactly a year ago. I had read over that summer the excellent book called "The China Study" and became convinced that I really needed to pay better attention to the food I was eating and what I was feeding my family. I was already a vegetarian, and even around 99% vegan--so "thought" I was doing pretty good. Well, after reading "The China Study," I realized that I was wrong and that there were quite a few areas of my eating and cooking that should be cleaned up--and we would all be happier and healthier if I did.
WELL, being convinced that you need to stop eating some things is good. But that still leaves you with a big hole of what you WILL be eating if you are not eating what you used to eat! After much searching, I ran across Lindsay's web site The Happy Herbivore (www.happyherbivore.com). I was super excited to see that she was creating yummy recipes that were all using whole foods and NOT using dairy, oil, and other things I did not want to put into my body or into my family. I immediately purchased her (then) two books "The Happy Herbivore" and "Everyday Happy Herbivore." When they arrived, my daughter and I started putting little sticky notes on the pages with recipes that we especially wanted to try. Let's just say my two books were soon looking like porky pines with all the notes sticking out all over! :) And within trying just a couple of the recipes, I knew that these books were going to be the basis of my cooking every single day!
Then last December Lindsay came out with her new book--"Happy Herbivore Abroad," which I immediately bought. Merry Christmas to me! I am not naturally an adventuresome person when it comes to food--I want to eat whatever is plain old "normal" to me. But this book featuring recipes from around the world (of course tweaked by Lindsay to be healthy!) is convincing me there are a lot of great new flavors out there just waiting to be discovered!
And now--even more exciting--is this December a new "Happy Herbivore" cookbook is coming out! This one--as the title of this post says, is "Happy Hervibore Light & Lean." I have heard that not only is this book filled with great healthy recipes, but that it also has some great workouts to help you on your wellness journey. Let's just say I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon almost as soon as I first heard about it! And while the official release date is in December, I have heard rumored that pre-orders may actually be shipped in November. . . no promises, but that is what I have heard--and last year when I pre-ordered "Happy Herbivore Abroad" I did receive it early. . .
When I had a chance to sign up and be part of the pre-release Blog Tour and be able to ask Lindsay several questions about healthy eating, I jumped at the chance. SO--stay tuned--my interview questions for Lindsay AND a sneak peak of a new recipe from her new book "Happy Herbivore Light & Lean" is coming up on my blog here this weekend!
See you then!
~Susan
P.S.--Are you wondering exactly what "good" changing my eating and using Lindsay's recipes have done for me over the past year??? In the past year I have dropped 25 pounds, all while I was feasting on tons of great tasting, wholesome, healthy food! I can honestly say I have never EVER been hungry, I eat as much as I want, and I never want to go back to the SAD Standard American Diet again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment