Monday, November 3, 2014

To Know God--today's blessing

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you all know that I am indeed alive and well.  Just way too busy to post as often as I would like to!  If only I had someone to follow me around all day and take notes and post for me whenever one of my brilliant ideas crosses my mind. . . just kidding, just kidding! ;)

But seriously, I wanted to share a couple paragraphs from my quiet time reading this morning.  One of the things I am currently reading through is the book "To Know God" by Morris Venden.  It has been SUCH a blessing already, and I am not even half way through, so a huge "Thank you!" to my sweet friend Lisa who kept her eyes open and found me a copy, since I believe it is out of print.

Anyway, I was reading this morning about having assurance of salvation.  And I thought these two paragraphs explained things so very clearly that I wanted to share them.  So here they are:

"When you use the word faith, you are introducing a relationship element.  Even though grace is the gift of God, it must be received by us.  And no one can be saved until he accepts the gift that God has provided.  Faith demands relationship, one party trusting another.  It is possible to accept someone today and reject him tomorrow.  It is possible to be married today and not be married ten years from now.  In the same way it is possible to accept God's grace at one point and reject it at another.  In order to have the continuing assurance of salvation, we must accept God's grace on a continuing basis (Matthew 24:13).

"This brings us to one of the major texts that tells how we can be assured of eternal life.  John 17:3: 'This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.'  There is something more to salvation than to accept God once.  And that is to continue to accept Him, today, tomorrow, next week, and every day until He comes again. So eternal life, including our hope of eternal life, is based totally on God's grace, but His grace must be accepted on a continuing basis.  And that is what knowing God is all about."

--To Know God, by Morris Venden, p. 45

Isn't that precious and clear?  We must accept God today, tomorrow, next week, and every day until He comes again.  This is what I want in my life.  Jesus--every single day.

I pray that you want the same!  May you accept Jesus today.  And then tomorrow do it again, for always.

~Susan

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

He has such a great way of making truth so clear and understandable. These are great quotes that you shared! Have a great day~ oh am I am sure you have brilliant ideas through out the day so I really like your idea of having someone write down your awesome ideas! Lisa :0)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors