Saturday, October 17, 2015

Fall Break!

Hi Everyone!

I.  Have.  Been.  SO.  Busy!

Between homeschool, cooking healthy meals from scratch, and co-leading a series on Prayer Journals at our church, I have felt like I don't even have time to breathe!

But this weekend was our Fall Break--ahhhhhh!  It was busy getting ready for it, especially since we were taking off for a day trip on Friday which meant I needed to have all my Sabbath prep done ahead of time as I would not have Friday to do what I normally do around the house.  But it was worth it!

Our family took off and had a day trip to Little River Canyon in northern Alabama.  Such beauty, and so refreshing to get out in God's nature!  We had a beautiful day--and had a fun picnic until a yellow jacket became a little TOO interested in what we were eating for lunch, so we packed it all up quickly and finished the picnic INSIDE our van!  But it was still fun!

I hope you enjoy the pictures!  And I hope to find some time to write up some posts on the Prayer Journal class that we held.  It's finished now, so maybe I can share the information from the class here on my blog.  I am hoping to, anyway!

Have a beautiful rest of the Sabbath day--and enjoy these pictures!

~Susan
 A beautiful waterfall--just a short hike from the parking area. :)


 Even our furry family member was able to come along!  Pets were welcome in the park!


 I was trying to get a picture of us with Holly and she gave me a doggie kiss!


 Alison and Daddy at the Falls.


 Beauty is everywhere--if you look for it!


 I thought it was neat how the leaf was sticking out straight from the flower!  It was also a very flat leaf!


 Picnic--pre-bee!


 Picnic--post-bee!


 Driving part of the eleven mile road in the park.

 The canyon--you can see the river way down there!  The canyon is 600 feet deep!


 Alison and I at one of the overlooks--doing what else, but looking!


 It was simply a beautiful drive!


 A rock in the middle of the eleven mile drive, called what else, but Mushroom Rock!


And right there in the woods, was a REAL mushroom!

Hope you enjoyed the little picture tour!

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

How cool!! You have such a cute family! I'm glad y'all got to get away and enjoy nature! I look forward to your posts about prayer journaling!
Lisa 😊

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors