Monday, July 3, 2017

Fledging


Hi Everyone!

I (finally!) figured out how to attach the picture I was trying to attach to my previous blog post!  The above picture is of a baby cardinal that I took two days ago in our garden--isn't he/she so ugly that they are cute???  Definitely a face that only a mother could love, if you know what I mean! ;). Anyway, as I was writing about what is going on in our family with our oldest child fledging, it reminded me of this little baby bird and I just wanted to share the adorable picture!  Mama and Papa Cardinal built their nest in my rosebush, which is just fine with me.  What THEY might not be so thrilled about is they choose the rosebush that is a climber and is climbing over our walk through trellis gate, so every day at least once or so we are walking through that gate to get into our garden area.  The mother and father bird will fly away from the rose bush and fuss and hop all around in the garden--but still nearby--keeping an eye on their precious baby.  I feel bad disturbing them, yet sometimes I DO have to get into the garden, and this is the only gate in!

This little bird reminds me--our Great and Wonderful Heavenly Father sees even this baby bird.  It's parents are not the only ones watching over him:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father."  Matthew 10:29

This little bird belongs to Someone:

"I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine."  Psalm 50:11

And just as the parent birds are "fussing" over their fledging baby, I may be "fussing" over mine.  Trying to make sure he has everything he is going to need.  Worrying about what dangers he will face. . .

And yet--I needn't worry.  Because his Heavenly Father is going to be watching over him, and can do a MUCH better job than I ever could.  And He will never forget him. . .

"Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?  Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;  your walls are continually before me."   Isaiah 49:15,16

There will never be a situation that my son will face that he will not have his Heavenly Father watching over him and ready to help.

And He is ready to help us--His "big" children--just as much.

Random thoughts--taught by a cardinal.

~Susan


1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I love blog posts that deal with what a person is going through and as they write it seems that wisdom comes of how to deal with the situation. I am sure it will be an adjustment period for you all but you will make it. You know you can always email, send me messages, text, or even call if you need to - I am a listening ear- never too far away. Love ~ Lisa :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors