Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The U in JesUs

Before U were thought of or time had begun,

God stuck U in the name of His Son.

And each time U pray, you'll see it's true,

You can't spell out JesUs and not include U.

You're a pretty big part of His wonderful name,

For U, He was born; that's why He came.

And His great love for U is the reason He died,

It even takes U to spell crUcified.

Isn't it thrilling and splendidly grand

He rose from the dead, with U in His plan?

The stones split away, the gold trUmpet blew,

and this word resUrrection is spelled with a U.

When JesUs left earth at His Upward ascension,

He felt there was one thing He just had to mention.

"Go into the world and tell them it's true

That I love them all--Just like I love U."

So many great people are spelled with a U,

Don't they have a right to know JesUs too?

It all depends now on what U will do.

He'd like them to know,

But it all starts with U.

~author unknown


Sorry for the long space with no posts--we were out of state visiting Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins--some who had even come to the U.S. from Spain! In the church we visited this past Sabbath, the above poem appeared in the bulletin. I thought it was a really neat poem, so thought I would share it there! :D

3 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I loved the poem!! Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that ya'll had a good time and a safe trip there and back!
Lisa :O)

Bethany LaShell said...

Beautiful poem, thanks for sharing. It's a unique view that I hadn't considered before. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and for your kind words! Have a blessed weekend :-)

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Hello~ Just wanted to let you know I have a little something special over at my blog for you today!
Lisa :o)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors