
1) Have your lovely kitchen assistant mix 5 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup white flour, 4 1/2 tsp. yeast, and 1 tsp. salt in large bowl.
2) When dry ingredients mixed well, add 2 cups warm water and 2 T olive oil, mixing to a soft dough.

3) Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.

4) Place in lightly oiled bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.

5) Turn out onto floured surface and punch down. Flatten out and sprinkle on 1 can black olives and one jar green olives, sliced. Fold up and knead to distribute the olives.

6) Shape into an oval loaf. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Make deep cuts in top of loaf and gently push sections over. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 30-45 minutes, until double in size. Meanwhile, preheat oven for 400 degrees.

7) Brush the bread with olive oil and bake for 35 minutes. (I use Pam Olive Oil spray instead of brushing, as you can put on a lighter coating that way.)

8) Enjoy!

Just look at those lovely olives peeping out at you! This is probably my kids absolute favorite bread in the whole world. Mine too! Original recipe called for all white flour and only 1 cup of whole wheat flour, but I switched those around. If you have family members who are scared of whole wheat, you could always switch it back to all white flour. But I lay bets that if anyone will be "converted" to a whole wheat bread eating person, this is the recipe to do it with! Hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
This looks soo good! I will try this for my family!
This looks delishious! I will have to try it soon. I think it will be a lovely addition to a meal!
Thanks for showing us what to do!
Have a great day!
Lisa :O)
Post a Comment