Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where in the U.S.?




Hi All!

Just couldn't resist sharing this lovely picture of two alligators in love! :)
Guess where we are studying in homeschool today? Where in the United States would you find scenes like this one?

I'll give you a couple minutes to think about it. . . . . . .





Ready? This photo was taken at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. (photo from their web site--I can take NO credit for this picture. You won't find ME close enough to alligators to take a picture like this!) Don't you just love that word--Okefenokee? Try saying it out loud five times fast! And do you know WHERE the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge is? Why, at the Okefenokee Swamp, of course. And where IS that swamp? Yes, it is on the border between Florida and Georgia. Cool, isn't it?

Anyway, just thought I would give you that little trivia for the day. I love the picture--hope it makes you smile!

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors