Sunday, August 5, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 32





Hi Everyone!

Here we are at the start of another week!  Time is flying by so fast--I can't believe we are this far into the new year.  Didn't it JUST turn 2012????

As I took a moment to think of what verse I wanted to chose for this coming week, I realized I can't hide something any more.  In case you haven't already figured it out--I admit it.  Guilty as charged.  I love Isaiah!  EVERY time I sit down to chose a verse for the week, it seems I keep coming back to verses in this beautiful book.  Really, you do not realize how much effort it takes for me to chose a verse that is NOT in Isaiah!  Lots of beautiful promises throughout the Bible, but I do so love Isaiah.  I wish I could memorize the whole entire book.

But for now, I will be happy with choosing favorite verses from it to memorize and to share with you.  If you happened to listen to the song I posted over the weekend, "God Will Make a Way," then you will recognize the verse I chose for this week.  For the words of that song sound SO very much like it was based on this verse.  I can't say for sure, of course, because I do not know the story behind the song composition, but I strongly suspect it was this verse that prompted the creation of the song. . .

I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.
                                                                       Isaiah 41:18


What do you think?  Sounds like the words to  "God Will Make a Way," doesn't it?  Whatever the hopeless situation is--God can turn it around.  Desert becomes water.  Despair becomes hope.  Death becomes life.

All because of God.

Have a beautiful week, walking with your Savior.

Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors