Monday, October 8, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 41




Happy New Week Everyone!

How can it be October already???  Hard to believe--except that this weekend the weather definitely starting FEELING like October--emphasis on the burrrrrr part! How it can be hot and summer feeling one day, and I-want-hot-chocolate weather the next I'll never know, but it happens!

As most of you already know, I am currently working my way through reading the Bible in 90 days.  It is awesome, to say the least.  The only down side of going through this fast is I run across so many wonderful verses, and cannot possibly remember them all!  I have started jotting down the texts that are really speaking to my heart on the back of my 90 day bookmark--this week I had so many verses I wrote down, I ran out of room--and this is on the back of an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper!  I wish my brain could memorize ALL of them, as they are ALL precious promises to us.  But--since I can't do that, I will make myself choose just one.

I have a dear friend who is going through a trial right now, and I dedicate this weeks verse to her.

"I took my troubles to the Lord;  I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer."  Psalms 120:1 NLT

Isn't that beautiful!  Of course, I realize that God does not always answer our prayers in the way that we want them answered.  I also believe that sometimes He would LOVE to answer our prayers in the way we want--but people do not always follow God's way.  But He will never leave us.  We can always take our troubles to Him.

Beautiful, wonderful Savior.

Let Him carry you through this week.

Susan


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors