Sunday, October 14, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 42




Good Morning Everyone!

And happy new week to you!  We had a fantastic weekend, being blessed to listen to a sermon series by Pastor Doug Batchlor.  He was putting on a special program at our local college here, specifically aimed to be appropriate for the college kids, but I sure was blessed myself--even though I am (ahem) a bit past college age!

The series was called "Ultimate Purpose," and was all on how we can know what our purpose is here on this earth. It was REALLY really good, and I learned last night that it will still be possible to view the programs if you want to, as they were recorded.  Now, I haven't checked out all these places myself yet, so I cannot personally testify that you will find the links there--but from what I have been told, these are the places that someone might be able to find this sermon series.

1)  www.audioverse.org--supposedly this site will have the audio recording of each meeting.  Pastor Doug preached Thursday night, Friday night, Sabbath morning, and Sabbath evening.  I believe that you can download sermons from this site, so you might be able to put them on your mp3 to listen to later like when driving, etc.

2)  www.3ABN.org--this Christian T.V. station was broadcasting the programs live.  This is how I watched them, actually, as I did not want to fight the crowds or drag my younger child out late at night. So we dropped off our college student and he was there at the programs in person, and then we drove back home a mile and a half and watched them on 3ABN!  I figured I could see better from where I was at home, as it was like having a front-row seat!

3)  www.amazingfacts.org--this is the organization that Pastor Doug works for, and if I understood him correctly he mentioned last night that the programs would be recorded and available on this site.  Like I said, I haven't explored this yet, but you might poke around if you are interested.

O.K., so those are all the ways one might be able to see this series still even though it is over.  I would say it would be well worth your time--I was SO blessed!

But on to this week's verse!  I love this verse.  Just found it in my reading this morning.  Try and picture this in your mind--God--the Creator of the whole Universe--is being questioned about His power by a tiny little speck of dust that He brought to life.  A speck of dust that He loves so much He knew He would give His only beloved Son to die for.  But they are SO doubting!  And here is God's answer:

"I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world.  Is anything too hard for me?"  Jeremiah 32:27 NLT

Can't you just hear the bit of a sigh and exasperation in God's voice here?  Reminds me of me when I am trying to assure my daughter of something.  I KNOW she will be fine, but she is still doubting.

Why oh why do we do the same thing to God?

Because we do not trust enough, is what my mind answers. . .

Yet we know that God will answer a prayer asking for more faith.  And even just a little bit of faith is a powerful thing. . .

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them.  "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move.  Nothing would be impossible."  Matthew 17:19-21

Because nothing is impossible for Him.

Have a wonderful week with your is-anything-too-hard-for-me God!

Susan







No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors