
Good Morning Everyone! :)
It is a beautiful day today--I am so happy it is Sabbath and I can spend extra time with Jesus today. A little slower pace. A little more time for Bible reading, thinking, and reflecting.
Hard to believe we are at the end of this year. I am finally getting in the habit of writing "2012" on my checks, and now they are going to change the date on me!! ;)
I found a gem in 1 Peter to share with you today. There are quite a few wonderful promises hidden away in 1 Peter. One doesn't hear a lot about this book of the Bible, but we should, because there are lots of neat things in there! I chose one to share with you today that to me, just sums up all the others. It is short and sweet, and includes really everything we need to do in just one sentence.
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
No "ifs, ands, or buts." Just plain and simple. Worries--go to God. Why--because He cares about me. I find it interesting that the verse does not read something like this:
Give all your worries and cares to God except for that one thing that you are in trouble for and it was your own fault since God already warned you about that and you did it anyway, for he cares about you when you obey him.
No.
It is not qualified. There are no exemptions.
Whatever the worry. Whatever the care. Because HE cares, about me. I don't deserve it, but He does anyway.
Mind boggling.
I can't explain it, because it does not make sense.
I don't deserve it, but He cares about me anyway.
He ASKS for me to give my worries to Him.
And the best part is--He's not worried about them.
He already has a thousand plans.
And He will not fail.
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment