Monday, May 19, 2014

Come join The Vine!



Hi Everyone!

I am super excited to share with you a new Bible memory project that is coming up.  I am not coordinating or leading out in any way--just jumping in to soak myself in God's Word and inviting you to join me.

We will be memorizing John 15.  All of it.  Starting on June 2 with verses 1 and 2 and continuing at a slow but steady pace through the rest of the summer, ending on October 5 with verse 27.

Yes, I know.  The thought of memorizing an entire chapter of the Bible intimidates me as well.  I have been successful once--with Isaiah 55--but that chapter is only 13 verses long.  John 15 scares me, with it's 27 verses.

So if I stay safe and do not even try, I will memorize nothing.  Or if I jump in and at least try, even if I fail, I will at least have memorized something.  And I would count any hiding of God's Word in my heart as a win, even if it is "only" one verse.

I would love to have you join me, and we can encourage each other.  I will try--as my busy life allows me--to update here on my blog.  And there are a ton of free resources to help you be successful.  Check out this link here:  http://donotdepart.com/register-memorize-john-15

You will find verse cards, first letter helps, and much more to help you in this project.  And what has been most helpful to me in memorizing Isaiah 55 has been the wonderful Facebook group.  So if you are on Facebook, make sure to hop over when you are on the "Do Not Depart" web site, and click on the icon to join the FB group as well.  I have found that group to be filled with wonderful encouraging people!

Still think you can't do it?  Well, you can't.  Not by yourself, certainly. But with God--well, there is no limit.

". . . He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit. . . "  John 15:5

See you over in the vineyard--you know, the place where fruit grows!

~Susan

2 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

I would have considered joining you, but I had already decided on my 2014 memory project in January... working slowly at tucking away the book of Philippians this year... one verse at a time.

Like you said... with God, there is no limit... and it is a good habit to form, whether we're able to recite verbatim on demand or not. The Holy Spirit will cause us to recall what is necessary right when it is most needed.

Cheering you on from the sunny isle! :-D

Lisa notes... said...

I need to print this and post it for myself front and center!

"So if I stay safe and do not even try, I will memorize nothing. Or if I jump in and at least try, even if I fail, I will at least have memorized something. And I would count any hiding of God's Word in my heart as a win, even if it is "only" one verse."

Thanks for sharing this, Susan. An awesome post. I'll link to it on our FB page this afternoon so others can be encouraged by it as well. You rock! :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors