Monday, July 21, 2014

I am the Vine--verses 13 & 14


Good Morning Everyone!

Our verses for this week are some of the most beautiful verses in the Bible.  God IS love, and these verses are ALL about that love. . .

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you."  John 15:14

Not very long.  Not very complicated.  Yet how to really understand and wrap my brain around a love that is so big, so great.

Greater love has no one than this. . . Jesus did exactly this.  He lay down His life for us.  For me.  For you.

What more could He have given?  He gave everything--because He wanted to be able to live with me in heaven.  He would miss me too much if I wasn't there.  So He called me "Friend."  He laid down His life for me.

But.  Am I willing to call HIM "Friend?"  Am I willing to obey Him?

Are you?

Have a beautiful week, walking with your very best Friend!

~Susan

2 comments:

Dianna said...

What a beautiful and challenging post, Susan. Yes...it is hard for us wrap our finite minds around that great of a love. Your ending questions really hit home. Something to ponder throughout the day...my calling Him Friend. Do I really do that? Thanks so much for sharing, Susan.

Lisa notes... said...

"Not very long. Not very complicated. Yet how to really understand and wrap my brain around a love that is so big, so great."

You speak for me, too, Susan! Beautiful post.

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors