Lately I have been pondering what I will do for my devotional time in the upcoming year. I knew I wanted to be reading in the Bible, and also add in some Bible Memorization, but hadn't come to a specific decision as to exactly what or how.
Some time ago I had run across a blog post where the person mentioned that they were reading the Bible through in 90 days. This really interested me--it was something I had never heard of. Reading the Bible through in a year, of course. But in 90 days??? Was it even possible? I mean, for a real person--not someone who gets to go to work every day and their job is to just sit in an office and read the Bible! But as I read this blog post, I discovered that there was a whole group of people doing this together--well, at the same time anyway, but using the internet to "connect" and encourage one another. Cool! But I had already missed the starting date. Rats!
Well, so I dismissed THAT idea. It was a crazy one anyway. I really didn't think I could do it, and if there was even going to be the remotest chance that I could, well, it was definately going to take a group to get me through! Well......fast forward to yesterday. Guess what I found? Another "Read the Bible in 90 Days" is forming! And they aren't starting until January 3, 2011. Cool! Maybe I should try this afterall. Yes, I may get bogged down in "real life" and not finish it in the 90 day time period, but so what? What's the worst that can happen to me--so I read part of the Bible? It can only help! :)
I've read the Bible through before, but slowly and over a long time period. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I think I am going to give this method a try. The whole purpose behind it is not to study the Bible in depth, but rather to read it quickly through so you are gaining a broad overview. A perspective that perhaps you wouldn't have gained if you had gone through that book of the Bible slowly. You can always jot down a couple notes to yourself if you run across something you want to be able to come back to later to study in depth.
I've placed a "Read the Bible in 90 Days" button in the side margin of this blog. If it all works properly, you should be able to click on it and read more about the program. Give it some thought and prayer--I'd love to have you join me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment