Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Value of Time

I ran across the following poem in a magazine this week. I thought it really had some good points to think about. I really do not know who the author is--in the place where I read it it listed the poem as being submitted by Diana Olson, but had no notation on who the original author was. But I hope you are blessed by it as I was. Good things to think about!

The Value of Time

To realize the value of a sister/brother:
Ask someone who doesn't have one.

To realize the value of ten years:
Ask a newly divorced couple.

To realize the value of four years:
Ask a graduate.

To realize the value of one year:
Ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realize the value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize the value of one month:
Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize the value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize the value of one minute:
Ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize the value of one second:
Ask a person who has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one.

Treasure every moment you have.

To realize the value of a friend or family member:
Lose one.

2 comments:

Bethany LaShell said...

That's a very thought-provoking poem; thanks for sharing! I had to laugh at your comments on my blog today! Here's a link to a more specific post on what to keep & what to toss: http://bethanylebedz.blogspot.com/2009/10/do-i-really-need-to-keep-it.html
Of course, my paper e-book is 20% off for this month on my website :-) www.bethanylebedz.com.

Bethany LaShell said...

The problem is that that post accidentally got put up on the wrong day, so I took it down. It should repost on the 24th. I don't know why it says it's there, though. Sorry!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors