Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Luke 3!

Good Morning!

Today our reading is Luke, chapter 3.

Scripture:

"What should we do then?" The crowd asked. John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same." Luke 3:10,11

Observation:

John the Baptist was preaching and preparing the people for Jesus' ministry to begin. He preached for people to repent of their sins and to be baptized. He preached about God's forgiveness. And he also told them that it is not their having Abraham as their forefather that would save them--that if He wanted to, God could raise up for Himself children from stones! When the people heard these things, they asked John "What should we do then?" To which he replied, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."

Application:

I don't think these words are only for the people living long ago. They are really a rule for all who call themselves "Christians" to live by. Did you eat breakfast this morning? I am eating breakfast right now, as I blog. What can I do to share food with those who do not have? Did you go to sleep inside a house last night? Then how can you or I help provide a shelter to those who lack? If you need ideas of how to get involved, one of my favorite organizations is ADRA (www.adra.org). To help specifically children, there is International Children's Care (www.forhiskids.org). But we do not even need to look outside the U.S. to find those who need help, especially with the recent tornadoes. My friend lost her house in the tornado near me. Can I take her family another meal? As busy as I am this week, can I do this as well? Isn't this more important than my other activities?

Prayer:

Dear Father--Open my eyes to those around me who need help. Show me what I can do today to help them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come join us as we read through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors