Friday, May 6, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Mark 1!


Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome to Mark! Today we begin our Gospel reading through the book of Mark, starting with chapter 1. Similar to Matthew, most day's reading will be just one chapter, though longer chapters may be divided into two days. Some of the very same stories will be told that were already recorded in Matthew--but from a different person's perspective. It will be interesting to see what different things may be highlighted, or what different thoughts seem to jump out at us. So come--grab your Bible, and read along with me!

Scripture:

Mark 1:17 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Observation:

This is the invitation that Jesus gave to Simon and his brother Andrew. Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee when he saw these men casting their nets into the water, for they were fishermen. As Jesus called these men to follow Him, the Bible has recorded in Mark 1:18 that "At once they left their nets and followed him."

Application:

Jesus is calling each one of us today to be His follower. In my day to day life, I am to do more than just make meals for my children--I am to feed them the Bread of Life. More than just clean the house--but to share how Jesus cleans our hearts. And when Jesus calls us to do something, are we responding to Him "at once" as these disciples did? Or am I clinging to my old ways....

Prayer:

Dear Father--I pray that You will use me to be a fisher of men, but especially to my children. Help me to draw them in closer and closer to Your presence. May I always obey Your calling to me at once, without hesitation or looking back. Thank you for loving us and wanting us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come join us through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors