Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Mark 16!


Good Morning!

Today's Scripture reading is Mark, chapter 16. The very last chapter in the book of Mark! Have you been reading with me? Have you found anything that impressed you differently than the stories recorded in the book of Matthew? Can you just close your eyes and imagine that you are one of the followers of Jesus back in those days--how it would have seemed when you saw him crucified on the cross! But fortunately, that wasn't the end of the story!

Scripture:

"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him."

Observation:

The women had just entered the tomb, intent on finishing the work of preparing Jesus' body for death. They had started this work on Friday, but had had to stop without finishing due to the Sabbath approaching. Now they have returned again, on the way there wondering who would roll the heavy stone away so they could do their work. But upon arriving, the stone is already rolled away! Curious--and wondering what is going on, they enter the tomb. But instead of their loved one's body, they find an empty burial platform and a very much alive young man dressed in white! Then the angel goes on to tell them that Jesus has risen!

Application:

I think this Bible verse--and a handful of others like it in the other gospels--are probably some of the most important verses in the Bible. As a Christian, I chose to believe this verse is true. Just as I chose to believe the verses in Genesis that tell me God created the world (and even me!). If I believe this verse, then I am following a risen Savior. If I do not, then I am following a man who led others astray and didn't fulfill promises. Is my God dead--or alive?

Prayer:

Dear Father--Thank you for loving us enough to send Your own Son to save us. Help me to use this life You have given me in just the way You want me to. Show me each day the path to take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come read with us and be blessed! More Gospels ahead! www.momstoolbox.com



1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Great thoughts as usual. :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors