Would you like to live with God? I would! There couldn't be anything better! As I was reading along in Psalms today, I found the "secret" to living with God. Want to know it? Go read Psalm 15. Or if your Bible isn't handy, it's short so I will share it with you here. . .
Psalm 15
Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.
Isn't that beautiful? And I love how it concludes--"He who does these things will never be shaken." That's what I want. To stand firm. Even when there are tornadoes. Even if all is taken away from me as happened to Job.
Psalms is a beautiful book. I am enjoying reading through it and look forward to more wonderful gems. Feel free to join me in reading it--I would love to hear what treasures you find!
No comments:
Post a Comment