Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Encourage One Another

Today I have been thinking about encouragement and praying for one another.

I had a comment made to me today by a friend, who told me that she didn't know if she would have been able to stick with her Bible reading except that she knew I was praying for her. She is in my Bible in 90 Days group, and after the program started her brother died--very, very young. Anyone would be discouraged at a time like that. It is completely normal. Yet at the same time, it is the very time when she needs God the most. Needs Him to carry her through this most dark valley. Needs to believe His promises that He has overcome death. That she will see her brother again in the New Earth, where there will be no more sickness or death or pain. (Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.")

I couldn't help but think of Luke 22:31,32 when she said that knowing I was praying made a difference. In this verse, Jesus is addressing Peter, and he says "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Jesus prayed for Peter. And Jesus prayed for you and me. He has told us to turn back and strengthen our brothers and sisters. Never underestimate the power of prayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can learn more about reading the Bible through in 90 Days at www.BibleIn90Days.org.
If you would like to have encouragement from a group of people who are also participating in this program, learn more at www.MomsToolbox.com

2 comments:

Debbie J said...

Hi Susan, wanted to answer your question about the quilt on my blog. I made this quilt doing a quilt along here:

http://dontcallmebetsy.blogspot.com/2011/05/come-join-kaleidoscope-quilt-along.html

It was easy to do following her directions.

Thanks!

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Susan - Yesterday I was watching a campmeeting DVD that my Mom has let me borrow. And one of them was a sermon in which the pastor used the Luke 22:31-32 - it really spoke volumes to me -just to think that Jesus prays for me - that is love!
Lisa :o)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors