Monday, March 19, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week Twelve




Happy Monday Everyone!

I am very glad for the start of a new week--mainly because last week was so difficult that I am thinking this week MUST be better! I am still working on reading the Bible through--I'm almost done! Can't believe it! I still have this week to read, and then four days of reading next week and it will be finished. It's hard to believe. I had never ever read the COMPLETE Bible through before, and here I am finishing my third time through. The Bible in 90 Days program works well for me. I realize a fast paced reading program may not be for everyone. But for me, I had tried one year reading plans before, and I have finally come to the conclusion that my attention span does not last for a year! I do much better committing to three months. Knowing that I will be spending much time in God's Word--knowing that I am making that three month committment, and that when I finish I can take time to do other devotional things. I feel now like I have a better picture of the Bible--of the whole, complete story. It's not just little unconnected verses here and there.

While doing my Bible reading this past week, I ran across a verse that is so beautiful in it's simplicity. It's not complicated--yet comes out of a God's love for us that is impossible to understand. This is the verse that I have chosen for this week's verse:

"And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Acts 2:21

That's it. Simple. Yet profound. God loves us SO much--I cannot even pretend to understand it.

Have a beautiful week. And spend some time with the God who loves you.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors