Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Swagbucks = Free Amazon gift cards

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would write about a neat thing I have discovered lately. Well, I actually heard about it first off a while back, but didn't really understand how to use it and then finally learned how recently!

Have you ever heard of "Swagbucks"? I think the name is a bit misleading, because it makes you think that it is the same as dollars and it isn't. I think Swagbucks are better thought of as "Swagpoints." ANYWAY, Swagbucks are points that you earn doing different things and you can then redeem those points for different items. What I learned recently from reading another mom's blog was that you can redeem them for Amazon gift cards. As a homeschooler and book lover, I can ALWAYS use Amazon gift cards!!!! Not to mention that you can get so many other non-book items as well from Amazon. I looked up the Nylabones that my dog loves, and I can get them cheaper from Amazon than I can from PetSmart or Petco. Not to mention that if I have a gift card it makes it even cheaper yet.

So, the big question is how does one earn Swagbucks? They have tons of different ways--but as a super busy homeschooling mom I do not have time for doing a lot of them. But the main way I earn points is by using Swagbucks as a search engine--just like I would use Google. When you log into your Swagbuck account, they have a search box on that page and you just type in whatever it is you are wanting to do a search on. You do not earn points EVERY time you do a search--it is a random thing. Sometimes I get points awarded the first thing when I search something. Sometimes I will search five or six different things real quick, just to see if I can get some points awarded, and I usually do. Anyway, so that is the main way that "I" earn Swagbucks. They also have a daily poll, which is a super quick question about anything, really. I will cruse over to the daily poll, answer the quick question, and I am always awarded one Swagbuck just for participating in the poll. Other things that they have on their site for people to do and earn Swagbucks include playing games or watching little short video clips on all sorts of topics. Some of the topics are really interesting things, like cooking or home improvement. Anyway, there are even more ways to earn Swagbucks than these, but this will give you an idea.

The FUN part--redeeming your Swagbucks--is what I like best! They have all sorts of things that people might want to buy, but I personally am only interested in the gift cards. They do have gift cards to Amazon, Lowes, different restaurants, etc. And not all gift cards are equal in Swagbucks. One of the lowest "cost" gift cards is one for $5.00 to Amazon, which is 450 Swagbucks. For comparison, a $5.00 gift card to Lowes is 690 Swagbucks. I'm personally thrilled with the Amazon cards, and I have just redeemed some of my Swagbucks today for my first gift card--now just to narrow down my "wish list" and decide what I am going to use it towards!

Anyway, so in a nutshell that is what Swagbucks are all about. If this is something that you think you might be interested in, I would appreciate it if you would sign up for an account using my link, because it will give me some referral points. Hope this helps to explain things more clearly, and gives you an idea as to whether this is something you might be interested in.

If you want to sign up with me as your referral, just click on the "Swagbucks" icon at the top right hand column on this blog. (If you are reading my blog posts through e-mail, you would have to come to my actual blog to follow the link.) Thanks!

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors