May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
~Irish Blessing
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!
I have always loved this Irish Blessing, and thought today would be a great day to share it. I think my favorite phrase in the blessing is the last one--"May God hold you in the hollow of His hand." Just think about that--being held in the hollow of God's hand. Safe. Secure. Loved.
But better than being a "wishful thinking" sort of phrase, the best part is that this is true! It is not just a "I wish it was." This blessing makes me think immediately of these verses--just read them and see how they match this blessing:
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15,16
I am not only "held" in God's hands--where by mistake He might drop me. I am "engraved" in His hands--and so are you.
No comments:
Post a Comment