Saturday, November 3, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 45




Happy Sabbath Everyone!

I came across a really neat verse in my Bible reading this week, and just had to write it down so I could share it with all of you.  Did you know that Jesus prayed for YOU?  He prayed specifically thinking about YOU?  Or in my case, ME?  Before I was even "on the way" to being born, Jesus knew all about me, and He prayed for me.  It says so right here:

"I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message."  John 17:20

Isn't that beautiful?  Just to think of Jesus praying for me leaves me speechless.

So many sad things in this world.  This week, so many have struggled with hurricane damage--some even losing their lives.  I just found out today that a dear friend of ours is on hospice care now, and not expected to live past another week or two.  Not the kind of news I wanted to hear.

I am so glad that Jesus knows all about it.  He knows what our needs are.  He knows when we lose a loved one.  He knows what it's like to live in this sinful world.

And He loves us too much to leave us here.

He prayed for Me.

I am written on His hands.

He is coming back for Me.

And I will live with Him forever and ever.  The only REAL "Happily Ever After" story.

Jesus and Me.

Jesus and You.

Have a wonderful next week--walking with your Savior who prayed for you.

~Susan

2 comments:

~marci~ said...

I love that verse too. It gives me hope on the days I get discouraged or begin to feel He doesn't care...

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

"The only REAL "Happily Ever After" story" So very true. I love the idea of Him caring enough to pray for us - He knew how hard life would be and He knew we needed prayers. What encouragement. Lisa :o)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors