Hi Everyone!
Happy Sabbath! I was spending a few minutes looking through my journal this evening. This is not a diary type of journal, but rather a blank book where I write down special Bible verses that speak to me, or quotes from other spiritual books that really seem to touch my heart. I thought I would share with you the very first thing I wrote in this journal--it was a definition of "Holiness." This really gave me something new to think about, and I hope it does the same for you.
"Holiness is not rapture:
it is an entire surrender of the will to God;
it is living by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God;
it is doing the will of our heavenly Father;
it is trusting God in trial, in darkness as well as in the light;
it is walking by faith and not by sight;
it is relying on God with unquestioning confidence, and resting in His love."
The Acts of the Apostles by E.G.White, p. 51
Isn't that a beautiful definition? I especially love that last line--"relying on God with unquestioning confidence, and resting in His love." Did you catch that? RESTING in His love--not working harder. Not working faster. Not working more. Not even praying the "perfect" prayer. It is not getting the "right" words in the "right" order that will "make" God answer our prayer. No--He asks us to trust Him--and to rest.
As the Holy Sabbath hours begin anew this evening, may you trust Him and rest. And may I as well.
Happy Sabbath!
~Susan
1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts, thank you for sharing! I need to REST and not worry...
Post a Comment