Thursday, January 2, 2014

A wisdom story--the three hairs

Hi Everyone!

Have you ever heard a story and it was SO powerful that it just stuck with you for years afterwards?  These kinds of stories are rare, I admit, but every now and then one comes along.  Maybe it is just the mood I was in that particular day, or maybe it had something to do with what was happening in my life at that time--I have no idea.  I only know that years ago--I have no idea how long ago, really, I heard a story that has stuck with me ever since.  I do not even know WHERE I heard the story from--I only remember the story.  

Anyway, I have a dear friend who is currently going through a very difficult time in her life.  And a little while ago, as I was thinking about her/praying for her, I remembered THE STORY.  And I knew I wanted to share it with her.  The only problem is I didn't have it in print anywhere, and had no idea how to find it.  But thanks to the wonders of Google, after typing in several phrases describing THE STORY I actually found it!  On the story web site where I found it, there was no original author listed, so I am afraid I cannot give proper credit.  But if anyone out there knows who the author is, please share the name with me and I will note it.  

This story is so very simple.  And so very profound at the same time.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with hair--even though the entire story is all about hair.  Instead, it has everything to do about attitude.  But that doesn't mean that we can just cheerly choose to have a positive attitude and all will be well in our lives--no, I do not mean that at all and I do not believe THE STORY means that either. Life is much too complex to have problems solved so simply.

To me, THE STORY tells me that my circumstances do not matter.  Because of Who my God is, my life can be beautiful regardless of how difficult or ugly my circumstances are.  

And so--for my dear friend (you know who you are)--I pray that you understand what this story means to me.  Please do not think I am belittling what you are going/will be going through, because I am not.  I am only trying to share something I have found helpful in my life.  You are one of the most beautiful people (inside AND out) that I know, and God blessed me abundantly the day He brought you into my life as my friend! :) 

So here it is--THE STORY that I have never been able to forget!

~Susan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Wisdom Story--The Three Hairs

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmmm..," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YAY!" she exclaimed. "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

May we all learn to "Dance in the rain!"

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors