Hi Everyone!
Just thought I would share a little something we are doing in home school this month. One of my New Year's Resolutions is for me to memorize more Scripture verses. This is NOT an area that I do well at by any means! Well anyway, I have been working on it, slowly bit by bit, and am actually making a little progress. I will probably post more about what I am doing specifically in another post sometime. But one idea that I had to help me was to include a bit of Scripture memory into our actual home school routine.
Thinking about Valentine's Day this month, and all the candy hearts that appear everywhere, I cut out a bunch of heart shapes from colored paper and placed them in a stack on our school table. Then each verse that I was trying to learn (or had learned this new year, and need to keep reviewing) I wrote on a heart and pinned up on our board. Then I told my daughter that she could write down her memory verses from Sabbath School and put them on the board, along with any other verses that she has memorized. She has absolutely LOVED doing this, and takes GREAT pleasure in trying to have more verses up on the board than her mom does. ;) The only catch is, each morning we quiz each other on our verses--so if you put a verse up on the board, you really have to make sure you either DO know it already, or that you ARE working on learning it--because you WILL be asked to recite that verse the next day!
For me, this has been a win-win idea. I get some review practice in during school time, and my daughter gets some memory practice too!
Hope this idea helps others in their Scripture memory projects! Please share in the comments anything that has worked for you to hide God's Word in your heart! I would love some new ideas!
~Susan
2 comments:
I love your idea! I think it would work well for my Jr. Sabbath School class as well. Thanks for sharing!
I like your idea!
:-)
Post a Comment