Monday, October 3, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days--Day 85!

I can't believe we are here already. In the Bible in 90 Days reading schedule, I will finish in three short more days. Since I have not used either of my two "grace" days, I will actually finish in 88 days instead of 90.

It has been a beautiful journey. This has been my second time completing this program, and this time I had a group of wonderful ladies from a home school list that I am on who took up the challenge and read with me. I so appreciated their prayers for our group, as well as their insights on what that day's reading was over.

Just thought I would share a couple of beautiful gems from today's reading. We finished going through Hebrews, and started James. So many encouraging words--recorded for me. Recorded for you.

Here is one that spoke to me: "But encourage one another daily. . . " Hebrews 3:13 Isn't that exactly what we should be doing? But so often instead we tear each other down. Just to try and make ourselves appear better.

And I liked this one: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts. . . " Hebrews 3:15 God is calling to me TODAY. He is calling to YOU today. This is the time to listen to Him. To turn to Him. To follow Him. To obey Him. Tomorrow may be too late. Today is the day.

And THIS is beautiful: "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16 Do you get what this verse is saying? We are encouraged to approach the throne of the Creator of the Universe with CONFIDENCE. Not with fear that we will be turned away. With confidence, and we WILL receive mercy and grace--exactly what we need in our time of need.

Here is a promise that I treasure: "I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds. . . Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." Hebrews 10:16,17 I want this. I want God's law in my heart. I want it written in my mind. And I desperately want Him to remember my sins no more.

My last gem to share is perhaps the very best one of all. Hebrews chapter 11--known as the "Faith Chapter." It starts out with this definition of faith "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." And then it goes on and starts listing all the many people in the Bible who showed great faith. "By faith Abel. . . By faith Enoch. . . By faith Noah. . . By faith Abraham. . . By faith Isaac. . . By faith Joseph. . . " It even includes "By faith the prostitute Rahab. . . " Do you know what I want? As I read this chapter I felt almost an overwhelming urge to pick up my pen and write in the margin of my Bible one last verse--"By faith Susan. . . " I want to be there. I want God's law in my heart and on my mind. I want my sins to be remembered no more.

I want God.

And the most wonderful thing, is that God wants me too.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors