Friday, September 30, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days--Day 82!

Day 82.

I can't believe it.

How can we be so far through our Bible reading??? It had seemed like we would never get to this point, and here we are, at Day 82. Almost done, as in reality the "Bible in 90 Days" program is more accurately called the "Bible in 88 Days," because the schedule is made with two built-in "grace days" in it. So if you do not end up needing those grace days, you finish reading the Bible in 88 days. Even though this is my second time reading the Bible through with this program, I am still shocked to be here at this point. I never would have believed it would happen. Just goes to prove the answer to the question "How do you eat an elephant?" "One bite at a time." Not that I go around eating elephants. I'm a vegetarian! ;) But to accomplish a large goal--just begin. God will help you.

Some treasures that really spoke to me from today's reading:

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 16:55-57

I love this. We have all been stung by death of a loved one. But Jesus has overcome death.


"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love." 1 Cor. 16:13-14

I like how the admonition to be strong and firm is balanced with the instruction to do everything in love.


"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." 2 Cor. 1:9

What trials may be in my life, that are actually a blessing to me if they cause me to see how helpless I am, and how much I need to rely on God. . .


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18

I want new eyesight. To be able to see eternal things. . .


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Cor. 5:17

O Lord, make me a new creation.

I will savor these last few days of Bible reading. And when I am done--I think I will have to start over. I want God's Word to me to be as the air I need to breath. And I need to breath every day.


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors