I can't believe we are past the half-way point in our Bible reading already. . . On the one hand, it seems like I have been following this 90 Day plan forever. On the other hand it seems like we just started!
Today's reading in Isaiah includes some of my all time favorite Bible verses. Thought I would share them with all of you--hope you like them as much as I do!
"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I." Isaiah 58:9
Isn't that one beautiful? God does not hide away from us. We do not need to look and look and look until we find where He has hidden Himself away. . . this promise says we only need to CALL, and that He will ANSWER us. Love that!
And here is one for my Texas friends--for all of the rest of us as well, as we are pretty dry around my part of the country as well. . .
"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11
Sun-scorched. Doesn't that describe especially this summer? The whole time I lived in Texas, I claimed this verse. No matter where we live, we can have different trials. But with God, we can be like a well-watered garden. Beautiful!
Oh, and here is another wonderful one. Listen to THIS lovely promise. And practice saying it out LOUD. Your ears need to hear it as well. Honestly, I do not talk out loud to myself hardly at all (unlike my husband!) but I DO talk this verse out loud. . . try it! It really makes a difference!
"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." Isaiah 59:1
Isn't that a beautiful verse??? I told you so! ;) So, the next time you see a large problem looming up over you, try speaking this verse out loud at it and watch how it shrinks that problem down.
And here is a verse I will leave you with. It communicates how much our Father loves us. Just listen to it:
"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24
You see--God does not wait to help us. He is eager and WANTS to help us. He can hardly wait to carry our burdens for us. He can hardly bear to watch us try and carry them on our own. He is running down the path, eager to reach us. Before Susan calls, God answers. While Susan is still speaking, God hears her.
Have a Blessed Sabbath!
Susan
1 comment:
I LOVE all of these verses. Thanks so much for sharing. It looks like Isaiah is a book in the Bible that I need to spend some more time in.
Lisa :O)
Post a Comment