Just thought I would let you all know about a fun little something we are going to be doing for Home school this coming week. Are you all familiar with www.currclick.com? If you aren't, and you are a homeschooler, then you need to be! Currclick is a GREAT place to get some nice curriculum to use in your home school. It is all downloads--which means you can get it much cheaper and also instant--compared to ordering a physical book from a publisher. The materials are usually things that home school families developed for use in their own homeschool, so they know it came in handy with their own children. ANYWAY, did you all know that this coming Tuesday, September 13, is "International Chocolate Day?" So what is a homeschooling mother to do? Study CHOCOLATE, of course!
Over at Currclick there is a wonderful home school publisher by the name of "Homeschool Bits." This mom has developed the neatest most fun little studies. Nothing that would replace your regular curriculum--just fun little add-on sorts of things. And one of the materials she has developed is called "All Chocolate!" It is a pdf file that consists of 27 pages. You and your child will learn about how chocolate is developed, see pictures of the beans growing, practice handwriting using copywork about the chocolate process, etc. There are word searches, a puzzle you can make, and ideas for creating a lap book about what you learned. The target audience is grades K-5, and the best part is the price--it is only $1.00! I think this is a GREAT price! (By the way, there are also quite often sales on things at Currclick, and I actually purchased this study when it was only .25 cents!)
Anyway--just wanted to share one of my sources for fun things to add to our home school. If you are interested in the "All Chocolate" study, you can find it here: http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=32954&it=1
And in case you are wondering--this review is completely unsolicited. I did not even receive a free product in exchange for my mentioning it here on my blog. I just REALLY like the "Homeschool Bits" materials I have seen, and wanted to share my great findings with all of you. And yes, I did purchase some chocolate for us to eat after our study Tuesday. Dark chocolate--that's a health food, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment