I am praising God this morning! Our house was kept safe in the flooding here, and even though we lost our electricity for a looooong time (it felt, anyway!) it is back on now. Yea! I was not wanting to lose a bunch of frozen peaches I pealed and froze this summer!
Busy day today--I need to get ready for a doctor's appointment for my son. But wanted to at least share a couple beautiful promises I ran across this morning in my Bible reading. . .
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself,'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:22-26
And one more, short but very very sweet:
"You came near when I called you, and you said, 'Do not fear.'" Lamentations 3:57
Aren't those beautiful? I especially like the part that says "The Lord is my portion." There are no promises of earthly riches. But we are promised God as our inheritance. I cannot think of a better one.
A blessed day to all of you! This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that ya'll did not get flooing. And also glad to hear that you are going to make it to your son's apt. :o)
Post a Comment