Sunday, July 1, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 27




Hi Everyone!

Welcome to a new week!  I don't know what is going on in your neck of the woods, but in MY neck of the woods there is only one word that can be used to describe the current conditions--HOT.  In fact, it is SO hot, that I feel like I am still living in Texas!  Actually, the place where I used to live in Texas is around 10+ degrees cooler than we are currently--hard to believe but true!  Yesterday I heard the official count was 107 degrees.  The day before that it was 104, and the day before that I think 106.  Either way, it's just plain too hot!  I am praying for a nice little summer rain, which our grass, gardens, trees, and water wells could surely use.  Oh yes, and let's not forget a break in the heat as well!  I am actually looking forward to later in the week when it is predicted to be 94.  Maybe I should prepare my coats and sweaters now, just to be ready! ;)

ANYWAY, with all the heat going on, as I leafed through my Bible looking for a verse to concentrate on for this week, the one that jumped out at me had to do with water!  Very logical, right?  Actually what I really wanted to pick the whole entire chapter because there are lots of treasures in it, but since I can't exactly do that I decided to pick one verse for this week and a continuing verse for next week.  So this week's verse is not complete--it is only part 1.  Come back next week--or look it up in your Bible--to see what the second part of this verse is! :)

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, . . . "  Isaiah 55:10

Rain and snow.  Nice, cool sounding words to me!  But the NEXT verse that I will post for next week completes this thought.

Have a wonderful week!  And stay COOL!

Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors