Wednesday, July 25, 2012

God's Nail


Hi Everyone!

I ran across a really neat poem in a book I was reading when I was at my mom's house.  I loved the thoughts depicted in this poem, so thought I would share it with all of you here.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Susan

God's Nail

Lord, make me a nail upon the wall,
Fastened securely in its place.
Then from this thing so common and so small,
Hang a bright picture of Thy face;
That travelers may pause to look
Upon the loveliness depicted there,
And passing on their weary ways,
Each radiant face may bear--
Stamped so that nothing can efface--
The image of Thy glory and Thy grace.
Lord, let not one soul think of me.
Only let me be a nail upon the wall,
Holding Thy picture in its place.

--Mildred Hill


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors