Saturday, September 1, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 36




Happy Sabbath!

Here we are--another week into our year.  Somehow I feel like 2012 is still the "New" year, yet with school starting up I have to admit that I will soon have to be reminding myself to write 2013 as I write checks to pay bills!!!!

On the memory verse ring--still missing in action.  I still have no idea if I lost it out and about, or if it is buried somewhere in the house--a very likely possibility.  I could have take  it anywhere--but where ever I DID take it, evidentally I am not going back to that same spot!  I suppose I should just start a new one.  You know that would almost guarentee that the original would turn up! ;)

But I can still pick a new verse for this upcoming week.  This is the one that stood out to me and spoke to my heart with it's simplicity:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."  Mark 13:31

A beautiful promise, isn't it?

My heart is heavy because our church lost one of our beautiful grandmas this week.  A very sweet, lovely lady.  She always sat just across the isle from us, and her spot was empty this morning.  I could almost not hold back the tears.   At 95 years young, Bea spent every Sabbath afternoon taking her little dog to visit in the nursing home.  You know--to cheer up the "old folks" who lived there!  Her greatest joy was in bringing joy to others.

Heaven and earth will pass away.

Our loved ones will pass away.

But God's words never will.  And some of those never-passing-away-words promise me that I will see Bea again.

I'm glad.  Because I never did learn properly her secret with growing African Violets.

Have a wonderful week--with our beautiful Savior!

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors