
Hi Everyone!
Well, here we go--diving into another week! Things have been SO busy around here lately! And to top off the busyness that comes with the school year, I have also started into reading the Bible through (again) in 90 days. This will be my fourth time through using this method, and I just have to say that nothing else has ever worked for me as well as the 90 Day program has. I finally decided that I could figure out "why." I have tried the Bible in a year reading plan before--many times. And just as many times I have ended up dropping out after a month or so. Don't know why, just life happens kind of stuff. But why is it then that I am more successful with a much shorter, more difficult program of reading through in 90 days? I think the key for me is in the first thing I said. It is a much shorter program. More difficult--because you are reading for much longer each day, and if you miss a day it snowballs and is almost impossible to catch up again. Knowing that, I rarely let myself miss a day! I have dragged my Bible with me EVERYWHERE when need be, when I was unable for some reason to finish my Bible reading in the morning at home. I have even sat at the swimming pool while waiting for my daughter's swimming lessons to end--reading my Bible and trying to avoid water drops being splashed on it from all the enthusastic little kids! Anyway, so for me, having a shorter time period that I am committed to has just somehow made it much easier for me. If I am reading in a Bible section that I do not particularly like, I am not in that section forever. Instead, one or two days--three at the most--and you have read your way through and are onto a different section that you may find more interesting. So that's my conclusion--I must have a short attention span, therefore the shorter time commitment works better for me!
ANYWAY, back to the verse I picked for this week. Last night I was reading some of today's reading assignment. I do that in the evening--try and read just a tiny bit into the next day's reading, and it helps me in the morning if things get crazy. As I was reading last night, I ran across a text that I just loved.
"Not one of all the Lord's good pomises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." Joshua 21:45
Isn't that beautiful? Just read that verse again, and put your own name in. . .
Not ONE of all the Lord's good promises to Susan failed; every one was fulfilled.
Do you realize how many promises for good there are given to us in the Bible?
Not. One. Will. Fail.
It leaves me speechless.
Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.
1 comment:
What an awesome verse. As I have been reading in the Great Controversy - I have noticed how very important it is for us to have faith in God's promises - this is an area I need work in.
Have a great day! Lisa :O)
Post a Comment