Sunday, September 15, 2013

Are you resting?

Hi Everyone!

I have been thinking about rest lately.  We all get SO busy--and even though it is usually busy with all good things, it is busy none the less.  It is GOOD to be busy, to a point.  God created man for work, and people who do not have anything to do when they get up in the morning often find themselves sinking into depression if this goes on for too long.

But even though "keeping busy" can be good, it is only good to a point.  We need "busy," yes.  But we need "rest" too.  God knew what He was doing when He gave us the Sabbath every week!  Even doing "good things" on the Sabbath, and helping others can sometimes end up tiring us though.  I think that is why Jesus told us to come to Him.  The Sabbath is wonderful--and He made the Sabbath for us.  But it is only when we take the gift of the Sabbath and use it to come to Him that we are refreshed.  On Sabbath, and every single other day as well.  He is the one who carries our burdens for us.  He is the one who can guide us in what work we need to pick up--and what work to set down, that He has not asked us to do.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28



I will give you.  I.  It isn't something that Susan has to do.  It isn't something that Susan has to earn.  It isn't even perhaps something that Susan deserves.  But it is something He gives to Susan anyway.

Free.  A gift.

Because He loves me.

I don't want to rush around too busy to open His gift--too busy to notice or care.

No.  His gift of rest is to be savored.  Opened slowly.  Sniffed.  Smelled.  Touched.  Felt.

Have you opened His gift of rest today?  Have you spent time with Him?  If not, why not?  You will never regret that precious time together.  Savor it slowly.

~Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed. :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors