Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy Sabbath!


Happy Sabbath Everyone!

How can another week have flown by so fast?  I have so many things on my "to do" list that never even got touched, let alone completed.  In fact, as I take just a minute now to reflect on my week, I find myself hard pressed to even remember ANYTHING that I did do this week!  But I am tired, so I know whatever it was I was doing, I must have done a lot of it! ;)

But that right there is something I am SO thankful for.  Sabbath comes whether we got our "to do" list done or not.  It comes whether our house is clean or dirty, whether the laundry hamper is full or empty, whether my desk is piled high (it is!) or clean and organized.

Jesus looks at us and says "Stop."  Not, "Did you get all your things done?"  Our Sabbath rest is not dependent on if we "earned" it by completing our list.  It is ours because it is a gift.  Paid for by God Himself.  You can't get any higher up than that!

I am tired.  It has been a little bit stressful this week.  Sunday marked the one year anniversary of my beautiful mother-in-law passing away so unexpectedly, and my father-in-law just passed away last month so we are still adjusting to him being gone as well.  My van broke down and left me stranded,  but then of course acted just perfect when the mechanic went to look at it.  I have found myself running too much and not pausing enough.

It's time to stop.

Sabbath is here.  Deep breath in.  Out.  In.  Out.

I am SO glad it is Sabbath!

I wrote down two special thoughts in my quiet time journal this week that were especially meaningful to me this week, and I thought I would share them in case anyone else needed them this week as well.  The first one is this:

"The creative energy that called the worlds into existence is in the word of God.  This word imparts power; it begets life.  Every command is a promise; accepted by the will, received into the soul, it brings with it the life of the Infinite One.  It transforms the nature and re-creates the soul in the image of God."  Education, by E.G. White, p. 126

I need that.  Every command is a promise.  Re-creating the soul.  I need every single part.

The second quote I wrote in my journal this week was also from the book Education.  It goes like this:

"Not a pause for a moment in His presence, but personal contact with Christ, to sit down in companionship with Him--this is our need.  Happy will it be for the children of our homes and the students of our schools when parents and teachers shall learn in their own lives the precious experience pictured in these words."  Education, by E.G. White, p. 261

I need this one too--not only pausing, but sitting down.  I think since I am both a parent and a homeschooling teacher I better sit down for twice as long.  I need all the re-creating in the image of God that I can get!  I need all the rest I can get!

May you sit down this Sabbath, in companionship with Him.  I'll be there too.

~Susan

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Great quotes!
Thanks for sharing~ Lisa :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors