Tuesday, September 3, 2013

From My Journal

Hi Everyone!

I have been thinking about words today quite a bit.  It all started this morning when I read a blog post by a friend of mine about words.  Right after that, I read a quote in my quiet time reading that "happened" to be on the exact same subject--words!  Makes me think that it was NOT a coincidence!

Anyway, I have been thinking about this quote all day, and thought I would share it with you here.  I confess--it sort of makes me want to take a piece of tape and put it across my mouth, just to help keep me from using my words in the wrong way!

"Every day of Life is freighted with responsibilities which we must bear.  Every day, our words and acts are making impressions upon those with whom we associate.  How great the need that we set a watch upon our lips and guard carefully our steps!  One reckless movement, one imprudent step, and the surging waves of some strong temptation may sweep a soul into the downward path.  We cannot gather up the thoughts we have planted in human minds.  If they have been evil, we may have set in motion a train of circumstances, a tide of evil, which we are powerless to stay.

"On the other hand, if by our example we aid others in the development of good principles, we give them power to do good.  In their turn they exert the same beneficial influence over others.  Thus hundreds and thousands are helped by our unconscious influence.  The true follower of Christ strengthens the good purposes of all with whom he comes in contact.  Before an unbelieving, sin-loving world he reveals the power of God's grace and the perfection of His character."
                                                          Prophets and Kings, E.G. White, p. 348

How powerful our words are.  Out of the heart, the mouth speaks.  Create a new heart in me, O God!

~Susan

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Wow- that is a very conviction quotation for sure. A good piece of duck tape might be needed for me as well- at least half the time. God's not done working on me yet.
Lisa :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors