This is a picture of a smoothie I made for supper recently. The true color of the smoothie was much more pink than the photo shows, but I think the florescent light over my counter sort of washes out the true color. Anyway, I had some over ripe bananas already in my freezer--I just peel them and throw them in a freezer zip lock. Then when you want to use them, just break them into three chunks and toss into your blender. Then I had some frozen pineapple chunks and some frozen strawberries I added. You need some liquid--I used a little orange juice. You can use just water, or soy or rice milk or whatever you like! Our family of four downed this pitcher of smoothie for supper along with some toast. As my kids would say, "Slllllluuuuuuurrrrrrp! GONE!"
Monday, June 7, 2010
Fruit Smoothies
This is a picture of a smoothie I made for supper recently. The true color of the smoothie was much more pink than the photo shows, but I think the florescent light over my counter sort of washes out the true color. Anyway, I had some over ripe bananas already in my freezer--I just peel them and throw them in a freezer zip lock. Then when you want to use them, just break them into three chunks and toss into your blender. Then I had some frozen pineapple chunks and some frozen strawberries I added. You need some liquid--I used a little orange juice. You can use just water, or soy or rice milk or whatever you like! Our family of four downed this pitcher of smoothie for supper along with some toast. As my kids would say, "Slllllluuuuuuurrrrrrp! GONE!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
1 comment:
Sllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrppppp! Yep, your smoothies are gone fast! ;)
Post a Comment