Friday, June 11, 2010

Look who flew in for a visit!

Meet Lola! Lola is an Amazon Parrot, and a new friend of ours. She is staying at our home temporarily while her family is back up in Wisconsin and packing to move to this area.
As you can see, Lola is VERY entertaining! Alison would like to eat all three of her meals while watching Lola, if I let her. Sometimes I do, but not every time. We are all learning a lot about parrots now. Did you know they mate for life? They live between 50 and 70 years in captivity. They also eat pretty much all fruits and vegetables, so they are definately into health. People--Americans especially--could all take a lesson from how parrots eat!
They are also VERY smart. I can tell from watching Lola that she is very thoughtful and is thinking all the time about what she sees and what you are doing. Lola is also a creationist--no evolution for this bird! She knows where she came from! Even the Bible says birds are smart, so I know it's true.......

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" Job 12:7-9

2 comments:

tnphotobug said...

Nice post, Mom!!!!! :D I like your pictures too. :) Check out my Lola post coming to my blog on June 26! :D

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I LOVE Lola! She is beautiful! I would love to have a bird, but I don't think it would do good here in our house with 5 cats.
Lisa :o)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors