
Earlier this summer our family was able to visit a living history museum when we were in Michigan visiting Grandparents. One of the buildings I really like there is an old fashioned hat shop. It is an original building, that was very carefully taken apart and then reconstructed there in Greenfield Village.

In olden days, ladies would have come into this shop to place an order for a hat--perhaps asking for a hat to be made to match a paticular outfit, or there were also matching mother/daughter hats that were made.

There are some original antique hats that are safely behind the glass cabnet doors, but some of the museum workers have also learned how to hand sew hats using the same techniques that were used back when this shop was in operation. Some of the hats are available as samples for people to try on, and they even have some that are actually for sale--though one look at the price tag told me that no matter how lovely these hats would not be coming home with us that day!

As I was thinking about all the hats, I was reminded about a hat that is being made for each one of us--a unique hat, made just for us. A very valuable hat, with a price tag that we could never afford, because this hat is actually a crown--and it cost Someone his life to get it for us. Jesus wore a crown of thorns to purchase this crown for us.

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:8
". . . Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Revelation 2:10

I so look forward to that day, when Jesus will give each one of us the crown that He has made special-order for us. He is prepared and ready for us--are we ready for Him?
"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown." Revelation 3:11
3 comments:
Susan~ You have such a gift of taking a real life situation and using it as a great example of heavenly value. I was so blessed reading your post today!
Lisa :o)
Oh, thank you Lisa! I am so glad when I hear that someone is blessed by my rambling thoughts. I have found that the more I write posts like this one, the more my eyes seem to be opened to see spiritual lessons in normal, every day events. And YOU are the one who truely inspired ME to even start up my blog--because I was blessed by YOUR writing! :D
Looks like fun...with a great object lesson.
Post a Comment