Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bible in 90 Days--Day 41!



I LOVE reading through the Psalms! Yes, I'm still reading through my Bible in 90 days. I have just been busy reading and haven't been doing very many blog posts about it! There are SO many beautiful Psalms, and so many that are parts of songs I have learned before at Junior camp, church, etc.

Around a week ago I was reading Psalm 50, and I ran across this passage which is one of my long time favorites:

"I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me." Psalm 50: 9-15

I think I like this so much because it points out that God is not dependant on US. HE is not hindered or kept from carrying out His will because of US. It all belongs to Him. We do not have to carry God--it is He who will carry us! Just think about that for a while. We can relax, and totally depend on Him taking care of us.


And when we are in trouble--which in this world will definately happen, God invites us to call on Him and He promises to deliver us. He is not a fair-weather-friend. He is our all-the-time-friend. Our very best friend.

I am receiving such a blessing from doing this Bible reading program, I invite everyone to seriously consider doing this program sometime. I think it really does help to give a overall big picture of the Bible, since you are reading it through so fast and don't get bogged down so much in the parts that may not be your favorites. I will be doing this program again some time, and when I do it the second time, I will definately keep a notebook next to me to record favorite verses that pop out at me in my reading. Then later I can go back and spend more time studying those favorite verses.

Today I finished reading Psalms 108, so after tomorrow's reading I will be half way through! Can't believe it! The days really are flying by--I will be sad when I finish!

Happy Sabbath to everyone! Enjoy your day with your Creator!

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors