Today I finished reading in the book of Psalms, and just like always it was filled with promises to hold close to one's heart. Today's reading was especially meaningful, as I was reading through Psalm 147, and verse 3 says:
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Yesterday we lost to death our sweet kitty Felix. We had brought Felix home when I was pregnant with our oldest son, so have had him in our life b.c. (before children) and he has been with us for 18 years out of our marriage of 21 years. During that time he lived with us in seven different homes, and he survived two other "cat siblings" as well as our son's service dog. Whatever animal we brought home, we were bringing it home to a house where we already had Felix.
You can see here him express his joy that it is Christmas time! Felix LOVED Christmas. O.k. So maybe he loved it when Christmas left and people didn't dress him up with bows. Same thing. He loved Christmas!
Followed, of course, by their "Sleep to the right" demonstration.
Seriously though, even though we would tease about Felix being grumpy, or sleeping all the time, the one true word to describe him was "Faithful". He was a stray before we adopted him, had been hit and suffered a broken leg, and was finally adopted into his forever home when he came to live with us. He soon adopted my husband as his "person of choice", and would follow him around like a dog would. Staying up to work on homework? There was Felix. Getting up early? There was Felix. If my husband couldn't sleep and got up in the middle of the night to work on his "to do" list, Felix would come and join him and just hang out together. I think Felix thought he was doing the work on the list! Even playing the piano, yes, there was Felix. Either sitting on the bench next to him, or if he thought the music needed improving he would walk across the keys himself, showing what the song was "supposed" to sound like.
So you can see, Felix will be deeply missed. That's why today's Bible reading was so neat, that it included the above verse. Jesus knows all about Felix. He created Felix, and knows what was in his little kitty heart. He knows how much we are going to miss him not being here. But He has promised to heal us. I look forward to having Felix back when we are in heaven. Pain free and healthy. And for now, may I be found to be as faithful as Felix was.
1 comment:
Susan~ I am so sorry for your families loss of Felix. He was always a sweet kitty when I would kitty sit.
I love the photos of them sleeping - to the left and to the right. That was really neat. I am sure he will be missed. Smokie was our Felix - those faithful cats are very special indeed.
God bless and comfort you,
Lisa :O)
Post a Comment