Friday, February 4, 2011

God Provides!

Happy Sabbath!

I couldn't resist a short post tonight, telling you all about God's provision for our little Princess today. I know God provides for us each and every single day, every hour and every second of the day--but you know how every once in a while there is something that happens that you just look at and say "WOW!" Well, we had a "WOW" provision happen to us today.

I had an errand to run--had to return some socks I had bought for the Princess that didn't fit. While I was down in the shopping area, I thought maybe I would pop into JCPenney's store and see if they might have some socks on sale that would fit her. So I was heading over to the socks area, but right before I got there they had these racks of clothes that were marked with big 80% signs on them. Well, what mom can resist peeking anyway, so I kind of broused through them but the prices were still higher than I wanted to pay, so I was just leaving that area when a sales lady came over to us and announced that she had JUST put everything that was on the 80% off racks down to $2.97. That's right, every single item on those racks now had the very same price--$2.97. I almost couldn't believe my ears. She left, and another sales person arrived with a price machine and started to change the pink sales tags on the clothes. I went back to take another look, and saw this one rack with some winter coats on it. I couldn't believe that they would sell winter coats for $2.97, so I went over to the lady who was marking the price tags and asked her, and she said "All I know was that was what I was told to do", as she continued to mark tags.

SO. I carefully searched through all the racks--lots of things were too small for my Princess, but I ended up finding not one but TWO winter coats and a new Sabbath dress--all of them in a size or two big to grow into, and every item was $2.97! Both the coats were originally $70, and the dress was originally $60--Praise the Lord! He knows what we need, and He knows what our wallets have in them!

I couldn't help but remember one of my favorite Bible passages--Matthew chapter 6. Here is the part that describes today's shopping trip:

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Matthew 6:28-30

Isn't that neat? Love that chapter. Lots of other good things in it too. God wants to give us so much more than we ask of Him. I only hoped for socks, and He provided so much more.

Happy Sabbath! Enjoy your day with the One who never forgets us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God is SOO good!!! I hope you're enjoying an amazing Sabbath!! I've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award http://broadhorizonsschool.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogs.html

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

That is awesome! I love to hear when God provides! :O)

Bethany LaShell said...

God is AMAZING!! Score!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting on my depression series. I've noticed you're commenting on my organization series every day so far :-).

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors