Monday, February 7, 2011

Words

I ran across a wonderful little poem yesterday, that I just wanted to share. I am having my little one memorize this poem as part of her homeschool--specifically to help remind her to speak kindly to her older brother. She does have a way of bossing him around....then, of course, when I think about it, HE has a way of bossing HER around as well! Guess that's what happens when your kids are eleven years apart! Which makes them for all practical purposes, two first-born "only" children! Maybe I should have them both memorize this poem! Well, honestly, it is good for ALL of us to remember! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Words are Wonderful Things
by Mrs. E. R. Miller

Keep a watch on your words, my darling,
For words are wonderful things;

They are sweet like the bees' fresh honey,
Like the bees they have terrible stings;

They can bless like the warm, glad sunshine,
And brighten a lonely life;

They can cut, in the strife of anger,
Like an open, two-edged knife.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors