Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bible in 90 Days--Day 46!

Proverbs. Written by the wisest man who ever lived. There are just too many to pick just one favorite from today's reading. So here is a little gathering of some of my favorites, in no paticular order other than the way I came to them in my daily reading...

Proverbs 12:10--A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

I think I liked this verse especially since we just lost our kitty Felix. I'm sure we were not perfect in our care for him, but we did our best and loved him for eighteen years. I know God made the animals for us. To help men with work, to be our friends. Elsewhere the Bible says that God sees even if a sparrow falls. So I know He loved Felix like we did.

Proverbs 13:11--Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.

This is a great finance verse! I don't think we will ever be in a position to have a lot of money to do something with--but here is a promise that by our taking care of the small, little amounts God will help it to grow, and it will cover whatever God needs it to cover.

Proverbs 15:1--A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

How true this one is. Our Pastor spoke today about being kind to each other. Jesus, of course, was the kindest person who ever lived.

Proverbs 16:3--Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Doesn't exactly say that God will help you do anything--but that if you have given YOUR will over to HIM, He will work out His will for you. And of course, we all know that as our Creator, He knows what is best for us way more than we ourselves know.

Proverbs 16:31--Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.

LOVE THIS VERSE!!! And it goes right along with this one--Proverbs 20:29--The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. So. My gray hairs that are cropping up more and more each day are not something to be ashamed of, but rather a crown of splendor!

And one last verse, one that makes me laugh:
Proverbs 17:28--Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

Isn't that precious???? So. I think I have shared enough for today. So that I will be thought wise, I had better be silent now as I sit over in my little corner of the universe, crowned with my splendorous gray hairs......

1 comment:

tnphotobug said...

BEAUTIFUL post, Mom!! I love Proverbs too. :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors